The carbo::lyser is ideal for the measurement of the organic carbon load, represented by parameters like UV254, TOC, DOC, COD, or BOD, and at the same time, turbidity / solids concentration. Applicability ranges from pure water to industrial waste water. Pre-calibrations for different types of water and applications significantly facilitate use.
The instrument simultaneously measures turbidity/solids concentration, and is pre-calibrated for a wide variety of specific applications ranging from pure water to industrial waste waters. The carbo::lyser accomplishes this by using spectrometry to derive these complex parameters. Unlike the spectro::lyser, however, the carbo::lyser does not give you access to the raw spectral fingerprint.
- No controller required – can be connected directly to DCS/SCADA
- Onboard webserver (io::tool) can be connected to with any web browser over bluetooth, WLAN, and ethernet
- Huge 8GB onboard memory for many years of standalone logging
- Extremely fast 10 second measurement interval – ideal for process control and event detection
- 1mm, 5mm, 35mm pathlengths available for various applications
- Power efficient (60mW power draw in sleep mode)
- Long-term stability due to automatic cleaning and optical test method
- Minimal maintenance required, easy troubleshooting with optical information ring
- Factory pre-calibrated, local multipoint calibration possible
- Can be mounted either directly in-stream (in-situ) or in a flow-cell/bypass
- Measures UV-Vis (190-750nm) spectral fingerprint of the water
- Turbidity compensated spectra, ensuring high accuracy and reliability in its results
- Software can trigger an alarm if unusual changes in the water are measured
- Software can re-evaluate collected spectra if a bad calibration was used. Allows historical data to be re-examined for new contaminants based on future calibrations